I had lunch with E last week and was complaining about how my usual anxiety has spiked with my pregnancy. I can't figure out how pregnant I am, to start with. I know it seems like a pretty easy thing to figure out, but I'm so so desperate to be further along I keep confusing myself (for the record, I really now think I'm only four weeks). I'm afraid to exercise- everyone says I can but it seems like a stupid risk. But if I don't exercise, I'm afraid of getting pregnant lady diabetes. I'm afraid of eating junk food. I'm worried about telling people I work with about the pregnancy. How many baths can I take?
"Aren't you supposed to get "What to Expect When You're Expecting?" E asked during a break in my stream of neurotic consciousness. Ahh yes. A book. T and I went to Borders that night, and I felt immediately better. I felt so much better in fact, I felt stupid for waiting two weeks to buy the book.
So now I'm armed with some calming facts and can't bring myself to worry about the Bean anymore. I feel like it's safe in there for now. I'm still worried about work, but according to the constant dreams I've been having about it...everything will be ok.
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment