After Christmas T and I went to Boston to visit L and her husband. We had such a great time, alternating between naps and adventures. It was such a comfort to be with another pregnant person, especially some one further along, especially some one I adore.
We landed, walked around Boston and even checked out Paul Revere's house! It was balls cold but it felt good to stretch my fattening legs. That night we went to a Bruin's game. Hockey is my favorite spectator sport because it's over before you know it. Also- good cheese fries.
New Years Eve day we went to my old college town and drove around. It was so weird to be there with a Bean in my belly! I don't know if I have ever been so sober walking around that campus. New Years Eve was aweseom too- I stayed up until 1:30 am completely alchohol free! I wasn't bored or annoyed for even one second, which says a lot about L and the company she keeps.
New Years day we drove up the coast of New Hampshire and I imagined using the millions from my first screen play to rent a stormy house on the ocean and write my first novel. It's good to have goals, right? The day we left we walked around Harvard (I felt a little sad that the Harvard plan isn't Bean friendly...but we'll live!) and saw Fenway and ate and ate and ate.
It was a perfect trip at a perfect time. Although I was heartbroken to leave her again, I'm so happy we have our pregnancy bond. I feel so so so lucky to have a friend like L.
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment