I went to the gym the first day I found out I was pregnant and couldn't stop tearing up. I teared up thinking about telling my in-laws the news. I teared up thinking about a little baby being born with my husband's hair. I teared up thinking about my belly being big and round. I had this silly dreamy feeling all day and couldn't think about anything other than the poppy-seed sized group of cells growing inside of me. When I got to work I called my sister in law and both my brothers. I wanted to wait until Christmas to surprise them but knew there was no way I could hold out. They were all so excited. It was so sweet to hear everyone react with such enthusiasm.
I was nervous about the holiday lunches and parties I had the weather. Friday I had a holiday lunch, holiday after work drinks, and was going to meet up with my husband and brother in law. Lunch went fine- I got through it without anyone questioning why I wasn't drinking. After work drinks were a bit trickier- I raced to the bar and begged the bartender to give me a 7up with a cherry and not ask my if I wanted a second drink. She got my drift immediately. My husband (let's call him T from now on- it'll my it easier!) and I decided to tell his brothers and sisters immediately too. We couldn't help it! We were just too happy. I met T and his younger brother for diner and we all chattered and laughed about the news. We went back to our apartment and tried to act casual when T's sister in law called. I wanted to tell her on her own- I wanted each sibling to feel special about hearing the news. As T and his brother and I watched TV, I couldn't stop thinking about my little bean. T's brother said, "Hey, how do you feel? Do you feel pregnant?" I did. I do. I feel different.
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment